Tuesday 12 July 2016

Yet another futile attempt to pressurise me to withdraw from anti drug crusade

To,

 The SHO,
Sector 19 Police Station,
Chandigarh


Sir,

My name is Shashi Kant, I.P.S. (Retd), a former DGP from Punjab. I am a resident of #1258, Sector 18-C, Chandigarh.

I am a pro human rights and anti drug activist and have been fighting against drugs in Punjab and other places since 2007, more pronouncedly since 2011 and whole time since 2012, when I retired. The drug mafia, is obviously led by certain high profile politicians, assisted by some officials belonging to various services, including some from the Punjab Police itself.

I have been exposing them from various stages including the Hon’ble Punjab and Haryana High Court, Chandigarh.

Yesterday, that is July 12, 2016, a certain gentleman from Punjab police intelligence had come to my house to check up on my threat perception. The gentleman had served under me and I knew him as a gentleman. During frank talk, he asked me who all had been threatening me and from all whom I had threat and I told him all. I told him that the basic threat emanated from the very top persons of the Punjab Government and the Punjab Police and in course of talk, I revealed names of may of them as well. He had brought a paper showing that my threat perception was required by July 12 itself by 10. AM. I told him frankly that I don’t need any security cover as such but in case anything happens either to me or to any of my family members then who all will be responsible. He stated that he will verbatim report and I told him that I had no problem whatsoever.

Let me make it categorically clear once that I have been attacked and threatened besides abduction bids on me, on a number of occasions. I am being threateningly asked not to raise or pursue the drug case any where including the Hon’ble Punjab and Haryana high court.

Last late night, past midnight, that is the night intervening July 12/13 2016, at least three unknown persons tried to trespass into my house. But probably got scared of my security dog. Then they kept banging at the main gate and kept ringing the bell showing their desperation. They also kept throwing the light beam of their car/ cars at my house and made every effort to get us out.

I am bringing these fact to your kind notice for necessary action as deemed fit. Earlier also I have been lodging reports with your police station but of no avail.

Once again I am briging the desperate efforts of these anti social and anti national people to your notice. You may take action as deemed fit. The names of persons inimical to me and my family are written in my earlier complaints to you. I had also intimated the Hon’ble Punjab and Haryanas High Court about them

Sicnerely

(Shashi Kant, IPS Retd)
Former DGP / Punjab
#1258, Sector 18- C
Chandigarh

Copy for information and necessary action

1-    SSP, Chandigarh

Copy, in person to the Hon’ble Punjab and Haryana High Court, Chandigarh


Copy (by post) the Registrar Hon’ble Punjab and Haryana High Court, Chandigarh

No comments:

Post a Comment